Life has been such a whirlwind during this pregnancy. It is so funny how my focus has changed over the last 24 weeks and how overwhelming/exciting this whole time is. Things I have learned so far:
- I am so in love with my husband and I can't wait to see him be a dad.
- When you get married everyone wants to talk you into having a baby, but when pregnant people suddenly feel like they should talk you out of it.
- Just stop and count blessings. Be Thankful.
- My job isn't my world. It's okay to step back sometimes and say "it'd be great if I could do that, but I can't and that's alright too." There are days when this type-A girl just has to settle for the "B". (And it's funny how most of the time no one even notices the difference.)
- I am suddenly aware that my house is actually a death trap. Must handle this asap.
- I need to learn to be okay with saying no because I hate letting people down. As I find myself literally falling into bed at night and racing through meals to get things done, I just need to stop and take a deep breath. This is a lesson I'm really struggling with.
- Everything is poisonous. Everything has chemicals that will turn my baby into a mutant. Weed out the really bad stuff and just say a prayer for the rest. (Prime Example: the large amount of literature I received about why I should feed my baby using only glass bottles... which common sense says seems pretty dangerous, too)
In spite of all of the growing pains (physical and otherwise) and I am so excited to meet this little lady. I can't wait to learn her personality and see what she likes and doesn't like. I always try to picture her coloring or reading or playing with the puppies. I can't wait!!





No comments:
Post a Comment